You are here: Home > Media Room > News & Press Releases
Building a Safer Community Series for Women
A Special Four Part Series on Violence Against Women in Our Community
Click here for flyer.
Yvonne M. Conwell, Cuyahoga County Councilwoman representing District 7, invites Ward 7 women and girls to attend these series that will address the issue of violence against women in our communities and together offer solutions to this problem. Special Guest Appearance by Dr. Tiffany G. Porter, Psy. D. with the Association of Black Psychologist and CWRU Counseling Services.
Times & Location For All Four Meetings:
Fatima Family Center (6600 Lexington Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44103)
THURS., October 9, 2014 (5:30-7:30p)
- Topic: Domestic Violence, part 1
- Say No More to Domestic Violence, You are not alone!
- Presenters: Gizell Ranzy-Executive Director of 2nd Chances Outreach Program & Alexandria Ruden, ESQ (Civil Protection Orders).
THURS., October 16, 2014 (5:30-7:30p)
- Topic: Resources for Women
- Help is Available!
- Presenters: Carrie Joseph-Domestic Violence & Child advocacy center & Jill Smialek– Family Justice Center & Special Guest– Laura Cowan.
THURS., October 23, 2014 (5:30-7:30p)
- Topic: Resources for Women affected by Domestic Violence, part 2
- How to Navigate the System!
- Presenters: Cleveland Police Dept.-Sergeant Evelyn Montalvo & Cleveland Prosecutors Office- Assistant City Prosecutor Lorraine Coyne & Special Guest -Pat Levy
THURS., October 30, 2014 (5:30-7:30p)
- Topic: Self-Defense (come in your sweats)
- Protecting Yourself!
- Presenters: Cuyahoga County Sheriff Dept.